Thursday, April 11, 2013

If I Should Die Before I Wake....(Part 3)


     Now I lay me down to sleep.
     Kase, the world is a better place for your being in it. I have known a lot of people from a lot of places and I can honestly say you are the most pure and tenderhearted I have known. Your innocence is refreshing in a world of corruption. I have always loved that you had your entire life mapped out. I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up and yet you have it planned till retirement. That is what makes you amazing. You are going to do such great things in your lifetime. The world will be a little better place for you having been in it. You have always been one who likes to cuddle and snuggle and for a parent there is nothing greater. Strangers meet you and fall in love with you right away. Don't ever change. I admire the fact that you do not allow the world around you to influence you or dictate your decisions. You do what you know is right and pay no attention to what the world thinks. You will be an old man before you realize how rare that is. Seeing your personality blossom these last few years has been a joy to witness. One of my greatest sources of pride and joy in life is having two sons that I look at and think, "Even if you weren't my child, I would want to hang out with you." So many times I have been discouraged and frustrated and scared and thought I couldn't do it anymore, and then I would look at you and think to myself, "I cannot let this child down." I have wanted to be a better person because I lived with you and saw what an amazing person you are. You are a good influence on me. Don't ever change. I can't even put into words the joy you have brought to my life. If you did nothing else in life, know that there was at least one person on this earth who got out of bed everyday and was content to just be near you. Son I love you more than I can tell you and more than I can explain. You have been the source of so much joy in my life. You are going to fit in perfectly whenever you get to heaven and I imagine you will be bringing a lot of people with you. That is all I want in my life is to know that I will get to spend eternity with you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment