Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mamma, I’m Coming Home

Day 172 (Written Friday (June 1) ~ Today I make the long journey back home to visit. I don’t live there anymore and I don’t have a house to go to. I will stay at my parents house. I haven’t lived with my parents since 1994 and have only stayed with them overnight a few times during that time. I’m both excited and dreading it. We have only been in Georgia for three weeks so we really haven’t had time to put down roots and I am enjoying doing that. I am sure I am going to begin missing my hometown eventually, but I haven’t been gone long enough for that to start (how can I miss you if you won’t go away?). It will be fun and I will enjoy getting to see our good friends that I haven’t seen in nearly a month (which actually isn’t that unusual because our life has always been a hectic stay on the go type of lifestyle), and I have plenty of work to do while I’m there. Also, it will be nice to have a little time before we head overseas. After these couple of weeks I won’t be back for two months and after that two more months and after that, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment