Monday, June 18, 2012

Gravity Storm

Day 185 (Written Thursday June 14) ~ Ok, so it finally happened. Jimmy Buffett calls them gravity storms. Those days when life pulls you down to the ground and pins you down. Usually you just have to ride them out. I knew it was coming, I’ve been expecting it for awhile and it finally came today. I miss home. We moved to South Georgia the first of May and we spent three weeks in our new life and loved it. We talked everyday about how great it is. We knew we had to go back to Pulaski for two weeks because of preaching appointments, but truthfully, we dreaded it and didn’t want to go. We loved it here in Georgia so much that we didn’t want to go back to Tennessee. It hadn’t been long enough for us to miss it and want to go home, but we had to. Now, after two weeks back home, today we returned to South Georgia and I was ready to get back to our new home, but I really dreaded leaving Pulaski. The day before we left I started to get this really strong sense of dread and sadness. Once we got the van fully loaded (Clampett style once again), and got ready to leave my parents house to come back home, I got very, very emotional and sad. I’ve known this would come, and needs to come to process the changes and move forward with the new life, but it’s still painful. I think it has to do with the fact that I spent a couple of weeks at my parents house. It hit me that I’m not going to get to see them for at least two months and that made me very sad. Also, She wrote a Facebook status that really resonated with me. She mentioned that she loved being from a town where the people who work on our brakes tell us they will miss us and where the lady who makes my milkshakes at the drugstore wants to give us one more hug before we go. Tonight I’m back in Valdosta, tired, but ok. The emotion has subsided and we are getting back to our new normal. I still miss my family and wish it was easier to run home for a visit, but we are here for a reason and now that our suitcases are unpacked we can get back to normal, at least until we leave for Central America.

No comments:

Post a Comment