Thursday, May 10, 2012

Love In The Library

Day 150 (Written Thursday May 10) ~
The title to this blog is very clever if you are a fan of Jimmy Buffett, because it is taken (like half a dozen others of my blogs) from the title of a Jimmy Buffett song. The song tells the story of a man and woman “falling in love” in complete silence in a library. Let me tell you how I put my own spin on that today. Since Friday (moving day) we have been “gettin’ at it” nonstop. We’ve worked very hard from early morning until late evening to get the house in order and we are about 90% done. Today Reese and Kase decided to spend the day at Georgia Christian School (where they will be attending this fall) to see what it was like, so Jade and I decided to take the day off and go on a day date. No real plans, nothing important needing to be done, just wandering and meandering the streets of Valdosta to see what we could see. It was such a great day. We shared a basil pesto grilled cheese at an organic food store, went to a record store, checked out several interesting shops, visited three seafood stores and learned where I can buy fresh shrimp, blue crabs, oysters and even conch, ate lunch at a really cool/delicious restaurant (Steel Magnolias: shrimp po boy, sweet potato fries, sliced pork sandwich with bleu goat cheese and arugula, with parmesan truffle oil fries) and sat under the oaks on the courthouse lawn and listened to a band with one of the most diverse, yet cool set lists I’ve ever heard (Foo Fighters, Kenny Chesney, Kings Of Leon and Simple Minds, ‘Don’t You Forget About Me’, which they dedicated to Molly Ringwald). We met the boys back home and they brought us buy one get one free shakes from Chik-Fil-A. It was so nice to spend the day doing nothing but hanging out with my favorite person in the world. That’s the love portion of the story, here is the library part. For four months I’ve been updating my blog at the Giles County Public Library, a place I have visited regularly since I was in 8th grade. I love that library. Since we don’t yet have the internet hooked up at the house, and won’t until after summer (no sense paying for something you won’t be home to use), I decided to check out (pun totally intended) our Lake Park library. It is literally across the road from our house and I LOVE IT. It is small, but what it lacks in size it makes up for with character. For starters, look at the pic attached to this post and you will see what I am sitting and looking at as I type these words. I am positioned at a large table in front of a wall sized window that overlooks the Francis Lake. Nice. On top of that, while I was looking at the DVD section, I found The Silencing Of God by my brother in Christ, Dave Miller. How cool. This night is going to end with some grilled hamburgers and popcorn on the couch for family movie night. Oh, did I mention, that in the morning we are going to take a day trip to Seaside, Florida and drive back home along the Emerald Coast on Highway 30A? I’m going to enjoy this weekend with the family because Monday morning it’s time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment