Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Celebrity Life Swap

Day 146 (Written Sunday May 6) ~ It’s time for a break from the serious. The last several blogs have been in the realm of the serious, so today we are going goofy. Here’s the question: if you could swap lives with a celebrity of your choosing for one week, who would it be? For me it’s pretty simple, Harry Connick Jr., and here’s why: First off, he’s from New Orleans. Secondly, he is a great musician and singer. Third, he’s an actor. Fourth, he’s very funny and doesn’t take himself too seriously. Finally, he is committed to making a difference in the lives of people who usually get dismissed. Those are the reasons why I would like to swap lives with him for a week, now here’s the reasons why these are my reasons why. If you’ve read anything I’ve ever written then I don’t have to comment about why the New Orleans thing appeals to me. The musician and actor part have a particular interest to me because both are on my bucket list. I have a secret fantasy to perform music and sing publicly and to be in a play. I’d be willing to trade places with him for a week because I don’t think it would be too much of a change personality wise. I too love humor. I love to laugh and I love to make people laugh, and I certainly do not take myself seriously. In fact, I probably need to take myself a little more seriously to help me be more grown up. Lastly, I’d really like to have the connections and resources that he has in making a difference in peoples lives. He has done a tremendous amount of work raising money for and building the Musicians Village. If you haven’t heard of it, basically it is a community of homes being built in the lower 9th ward to provide a place to live for the many musicians who help to make New Orleans New Orleans. Despite being incredibly talented musicians, most of them live hand to mouth and will never be rich or famous, even though they are twice the musicians as those who are on the radio today. So there’s my celebrity life swap, who is yours and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment