Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My First Twinkie

Day 123 (Written Friday April 13) ~ One week ago today I did something that I have never done in all of my 36 years of life. I told you about it recently, but last Friday it all changed. Last Friday, sitting in the lobby of the Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta, surrounded my some of my best friends and my family, I ate my first Twinkie. That’s right, until this point I had never eaten a Twinkie. There is no good reason why I hadn’t, I just never had. When I walked into the hospitality room I saw a pile of Twinkies sitting on the table. My eyes lit up and I thought to myself, now is my chance. Now that it is over, I can give you my assessment from a first time Twinkie eater. It wasn’t all that. It’s not that it was bad, it just wasn’t really any good. It was soft and fresh, but the yellow cake didn’t have much of a taste. Thanks to Little Debbie, I will gladly stick with my Swiss Cake Rolls. I guess I should say that I have now eaten my first and last Twinkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment