Monday, March 5, 2012

Why Christians Are Amazing (Volume 2): Generosity


36, Day 73 (Written Thursday February 23) ~ People love to nitpick and scrutinize every mistake or flaw of Christians, but this blog is dedicated magnifying the great things that make up the majority of what Christians do. A few weeks ago we talked about Christians and hospitality, and this one is dedicated to something very similar: generosity.
For 15 years I have enjoyed the blessings of generous Christians, beginning when I decided to attend the Memphis School of Preaching. At that time a Sunday school class joined together and bought me a computer, bought my books and many of them helped to financially support me each month while I was in school. During my time in school, and since then, brethren (many of whom I didn’t actually know) have put me up in hotels, paid for meals, given me gifts and paid for my gas more times than I can even recall. It is because of the generosity of Christians that I was able to go to preaching school and mission trips and am now able to be a full time missionary. They have shared their lives, their homes, their boats, their cars their vacations, you name it, we’ve been on the receiving end of their generosity. If you doubt the goodness, hospitality or generosity of Christians, perhaps you need to be spending more time with them. Why not start with this Sunday at a church of Christ in your community?

No comments:

Post a Comment