Monday, March 5, 2012

What Is Home For Me?

36, Day 74 (Written Friday February 24) ~ Growing up we moved A LOT. About 8 times in 19 years. Since I’ve been married we’ve moved A LOT. About 7 times in 17 years. Thats a total of 15 moves in 36 years. Only three of those moves were outside of Pulaski, and two of those were to go to college. This latest move is the first real move away from Pulaski. I’ve never considered a particular house “my home” but I’ve always considered Pulaski home. For that reason I had a hard time knowing what to make of our arrival in Georgia today. We’ve been on the road for awhile and haven’t seen home (Pulaski) in what seems like forever. When we pulled into the driveway at our new house today we were all excited to be off the road for a week and I told the family, “It’s good to be home.” Almost as soon as I said it I began debating it in my mind. Am I home? Is Pulaski home (technically we still live there)? We are staying in Lake Park this week in our new home but we are still living on Chicken Creek. I sort of feel like I have two homes, and sort of feel like I don’t have a home currently. I have literally spent three times as many nights in hotels and other places this month as I have in my own bed. I know this will be home soon, but I’m not sure if I should consider it home yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment