Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Date Night

Day 88. (Written Friday March 9) ~ Beautiful night, Carrabas chicken marsala and the most beautiful and amazing woman I’ve ever know right beside me the whole time, these are the ingredients for a great Friday night. Although we’ve been married for 17 years, my wife and I continue to date regularly. Every chance we get, we get away just the two of us. It may only be for a couple of hours, but we take advantage of every opportunity we have. We seldom do the typical dinner and a movie thing because in a movie you can’t talk to one another. We prefer dinner and somewhere/something that allows us to spend the next few hours talking. The key is to spend time together. I love that whenever I have some amazing or interesting news or thing to tell, I can’t wait to tell her. I love the way she introduces me to new things that I would never have explored on my own. I love to look at her. Sometimes it makes her uncomfortable for me to sit and stare at her, but I could do it for hours. I’ve studied every feature endlessly, but like looking at a work of art or natural wonder, it never gets old. My favorite part is that this gorgeous, interesting, talented and caring woman actually likes to spend time with me and to listen to me. That makes me feel like I am something special, if a girl like her wants to be near a guy like me. We don’t have to spend money, we don’t have to do anything special, just the two of us together acting goofy is a perfect date.

No comments:

Post a Comment