Friday, February 3, 2012

Why Christians Are Amazing (Volume 1): Hospitality

36, Day 53 (Written Thursday February 2)

People love to point out everything that is wrong with Christians, any shortcomings or failures we may have, some of which are deserved, but there are many more reasons why Christians are amazing. I'll just emphasize one of those today, hospitality.
Since 1997 I have been the beneficiary of the hospitality of my brothers and sisters in Christ. We have stayed in homes, some modest, some luxury, been fed meals, at their kitchen tables and in five star restaurants, been given gifts, some sentimental, some expensive. We've even had Christians provide us with places to stay for vacation. This hospitality has come from American and foreign Christians, black and white Christians and rich and poor Christians. Wherever I go I encounter brethren who open their homes and their lives to me and my family. They may be strangers, but they quickly become family, and as a result, lifelong friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment