Monday, January 30, 2012

36, Day 46 (Written Thursday January 26) ~ Lessons In Lyrics (Volume 1)

Music has always played a significant role in my life. One of the things I enjoy most are the lyrics that, are to me, profound. Some of these lyrics strike such a chord with me that they are almost like prayers because of their honesty and vulnerability.
Tonight I heard a line from a song that fit this description for me. The song is "Make Glad" by The Black Crowes and it includes a chorus that is fit for a prayer request for what I hope will be my children's outlook in life.
Make glad, find the beauty in the broken.
Make glad, may your heart always be open.
Make glad, keep an eye out for your brother.
Make glad, I will see you in the other.
You never know when or why a certain lyric will strike a chord with you, but tonight, this one did with me. I hope they can learn to be glad in their journey rather than miserable or merely apathetic. I hope they can see that even things that are "flawed" or "broken" can still contain beauty if you choose to look for it. I hope that they will have an open heart that is always willing to let more people in. I hope they will look out for one another and their fellow man. And mostly, I hope that I will be reunited with them when we get to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment