Monday, January 30, 2012

36, Day 45 (Written Wednesday January 25) ~ Closing Time

At three o'clock this afternoon I sat in a room with a lawyer, a real estate agent, a mortgage broker, a seller and my family and committed myself to thirty years of payments in exchange for a house. Sitting here I can't help but think of the words to the song "Closing Time" by Semisonic. "Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."
As the previous new beginning comes to a close, a new one is, well, beginning. In between were months of stress, hours of labor, mountains of paperwork and an ever changing closing date. But finally, as of today, I am once again a homeowner, or at least Envoy Mortgage is, but they've agreed to let me stay in their house in exchange for most of my money each month ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment