Monday, January 9, 2012

36, Day 27 (Written Friday January 6) ~ Under Pressure



Today was not a fun day. Before telling you how it began, let me tell you how it ended. I came to Ryan's house (we are staying with our friends the Tuten's while in Valdosta) kissed my family, took some Tylenol and went to bed. If you know me, you know that's not normal, or a good sign. I was so stressed out, tired, frustrated, confused, had a headache and a painful knot in my neck/shoulder.
What caused all of this? Trying to buy a house. We found a perfect house for our family and we are all so excited about it. Unfortunately, the process for getting this house is lengthy and tedious. LOTS of paperwork and red tape. I have been cutting through the red tape for a couple of months and today it cut through me. I was literally on the phone all day. It is too lengthy and boring to explain, but when the last hurdle was cleared, I only had enough gumption to crawl home and into bed, which I did.
As I write this I am feeling a lot better, which had given me the ability to reflect on a few things. Mainly that I should just be thankful that having a safe, secure home is an option and that we have the ability to get a nice one that we all like. In the meetings with the LAM team I have been reminded of the terrible conditions (by our standards) that so many of the brethren in Central and South America live in. How can I complain about the inconveniences I must go through to have a nice home? Shame on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment