Saturday, December 31, 2011

36, Day 21 (Written Saturday December 31) ~ Half My Life


Today, Jade and I have been married for 17 years. When I think of that number 17, I immediately think of when I met her. We were 17 years old and getting ready to begin our senior year of high school. Now we are 36 (at least I am, Jade is perpetually 25), and have been married for 17 years. We have been together literally half of our lives. Do I have to tell you which half has been better? She has been in my life for as long as she wasn't in my life. 17 years isn't one of those fancy anniversaries (like 1st, 10th, 25th, etc), but to me it is incredibly significant because it reminds me of how old we were when we met, and that we have been together half our lives. To celebrate this milestone, I gave her a new engagement ring to symbolize this special moment in our lives. A time when we are starting over together, beginning a new phase of our life, together. And as a reminder that for 17 years and for however many more we have, that is exactly what we will be....together. Happy Anniversary Jade, the love of my life, the source of everything good in my life, my partner, my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment