Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Brandon Britton Is The Most Interesting Man InThe World

     I fully realize this may be the most narcissistic thing in the world that a person can do, but I'll admit that tonight I did a Google search of myself. Me doing this shouldn't surprise you, at one time I was friends with every Brandon Britton listed on Facebook. In all honesty it wasn't for conceited purposes, but mostly to make sure nothing embarrassing from my past was on the internet (I say a prayer of thanks regularly that we did not have social media or camera phones when I was younger). I discovered nothing embarrassing existed (except for some audio of sermons I preached as a young preacher) thankfully. However, I did discover some pretty amazing, exciting and interesting things that Brandon Britton apparently has done and is doing and I wanted to share those with you. Most of you probably thought Brandon Britton was about as vanilla and boring as they come (husband, dad, preacher, missionary, serial blogger, disturbingly obsessive lover of all things New Orleans, Cajun chef extraordinaire, music lover, sports fan), but you would be terribly wrong. Allow me to introduce Brandon Britton, the most interesting man in the world.
     He is a mixed martial arts fighter.
     
     He does fire and disaster clean up.

     He is a male model and actor.

     He is a musician with songs on iTunes.

     He is a professional tennis player.

     He is also, apparently, a felon who threatened the president and candidate for president.

     He is also a preacher, but you wouldn't know that until about page 4 of his Google search results. Obviously most these Brandon Brittons are not me, but there is one similarity. I too am many different things, including some bad ones. I've never threatened a political figure and I'm not a felon, but I have plenty of "crimes" of my own. Many times people pigeon hole me and categorize me as "this" or "that" (and I'm guilty of doing that to others as well), but the truth is I'm not so simple to explain. I am so many things, most of which you probably don't know. Why am I telling you this? Because I'm inviting you to take the time to get to know me. If you've been reading this blog you probably have already realized that I am many things you never imagined and you know that I am, at heart, very shy about meeting and opening up to new people. I usually need a little prodding. There is nothing more exciting than learning that you have something in common or share a passion for something, with someone that you thought you could never relate to. It's amazing how common interests can break down walls and make friends of those who seem so different on first contact. So I introduce to you Brandon Britton: cage fighter, disaster clean up man, musician, tennis player, actor/model, criminal, and just me, the most interesting person I can be.

P.S. - During this search I discovered, get this, a Britton Plaza in Brandon, Florida!!!! You know I've got to visit there and get my picture made. Road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment