Thursday, June 28, 2012

I've Got A Golden Ticket

Day 200 (Written Friday June 29) ~ I’ve Got A Golden Ticket You know that moment on a roller coaster where you reach the pinnacle, just before you go over the high point and begin the rapid, exhilarating, breathtaking and terrifying decent? That moment which gradually and ever so painstakingly, slowly builds, tension mounting. We are currently living in that moment. Strapped in, no turning back, ready or not here it comes moment. I’ve been waiting on this moment my entire life. I know for some these words may seem overly dramatic, but I consider myself fortunate to recognize that I am on the precipice of a life long dream. If you want to know more about what I mean, read some of my previous posts about what I wanted to be/do when I grew up. It is a bizarre feeling. We spend so much of our lives hoping, wishing, dreaming for something, someday in the future, although much of it never comes to pass, and that which does, often catches us by surprise and is already passed before we realize it. I have seen this coming and I have been waiting for this moment to come for almost 25 years, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t scared. I’m scared of all the flights in the various countries. I’m scared of the bus rides through the mountains from one country to another. I’m scared of what we might encounter. I’m scared of what comes next. What do you do when you do what you’ve always wanted to do? More than scared, I am humbled and thankful. My favorite Bible verse is Psalm 37:4, “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” I know this to be true. I have seen this and I am living this. I am terribly flawed, I am a sinner, but I have for a long time now, tried to please God and do what He wants me to do. I know that He knows the deepest desires, hopes and dreams in my heart and I know that He has given me the desires of my heart. He has allowed me to experience so many of my dreams and this is just the latest and biggest one yet. I am humbled. I am thankful. I am blessed. I am loved. I am just getting started. As I get ready to try and go to sleep, I am reminded of the words of Willy Wonka to Charlie at the end of the movie, “Don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he’d ever wished for. He lived happily ever after.”

No comments:

Post a Comment