Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Walking The Tightrope Without A Safety Net

Day 142 (Written Wednesday May 2) ~ Life is a delicate balance. The past three days have taught me that lesson well. While sitting at the home of some good friends, She got very sick and I had to take her to the ER. She was then admitted to the hospital and spent the next three days there. While at the hospital with Jade on Tuesday, Reese had a car wreck. It was just a fender bender, no one was hurt, but it was still a scary moment for a dad. At that moment I was torn. Do I leave my wife in the hospital and go to my son or stay with my wife and leave my son to deal with a wreck alone? There was simply no good option. Oh, and did I mention that we are moving, as in pack up the whole house onto a truck, in two days? This is where the safety net comes into play. My mom and dad went to be with Reese and took care of all of the wreck stuff, friends from church helped us finish loading up the house and I was able to take care of Her. But Monday that will come to an end. Our family will be back in Tennessee and the four of us will be left in Georgia without our safety net of family and friends. If we fall we won’t have anyone to catch us, at least until we can weave a new safety net of friends down here. Something tells me that won’t be very hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment