Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Lord Is My.....Bodyguard?

Day 139 (Written Sunday April 29) ~ Disclaimer: This isn’t intended to be a sermon, Bible study or theological treatise. It’s just one man’s musings, ramblings and thinking out loud as he tries to take the emotions in his heart and the thoughts in his head and process them by getting them out of his head and into words. Lately I have failed horribly in my faith. I haven’t actively been doing something overtly wrong, I’ve just had a terrible, terrible attitude and outlook. There are a number of factors that contributed to this attitude (tired, traveling, moving, etc), but none of them are justified or legitimate. Honestly, though, it’s much more than that. It hasn’t just been an attitude, my faith has been beaten up. I know from the book of Job that it is entirely in the scope of possibility for Satan to launch an attack against individuals and I truly believe he does this at times. I have to wonder if he’s put me in his cross hairs recently. Nothing on the scale of Job has happened to “justify” this attitude, but I feel like he’s been after me. I have a theory as to why this might be the case. We are in the midst of some pretty big changes in our lives that have required some serious faith on our part. We have done this because we believe there is an almost unlimited potential for doing a tremendous amount of good for a massive number of people, and I think this troubles our adversary immensely. If it be the case that he has been trying to derail the train before it can leave the station and begin picking up steam, he’s done a pretty good job. So much so that a couple of days ago I threw in the towel and asked for help. I probably should have done this a long time ago, but at least I did it. I asked God to “get him off of me.” My prayer (if you can even call it that, it was actually more like a cry for help), was simple, “Father, Satan has got me pinned down and I can’t get him off of me. He’s trying to bury me and I can’t stop him. Please get him off of me and get him away from me so that I can get back on my feet and catch my breath.” You now what happened? He did, and all I can say is thank you. It feels good to know that He has my back. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment