Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Feel Like A Kid Again

Day 159 (Written Saturday May 19) ~ I taught my first teen Bible class back in June of 1998 at the Fairview VBS. I would go on to teach them class for the next ten years. One year later I began teaching the Sunday morning and Wednesday night teen Bible class at East Hill. I would teach one or both of these classes for the next 8 years. However, I haven’t taught the teen Bible class in nearly five years. I can truthfully say that I both miss it and don’t miss it. Teaching the teens isn’t for everyone and it can wear out and challenge even the most seasoned and dedicated of teachers. However, they are usually the most enthusiastic learners and participants which excites a teacher. I started teaching teens when I was barely out of my teens and through all the years they kept me feeling like a teenager. I have so much love for “my kids” that I taught through the years, and have enjoyed watching them become adults. Many of them are college graduates, married and even parents! Tomorrow I get to teach a teen class for the first time in a long time. I am filling in for the Sunday school teacher of our high school class at Forrest Park. This will be the first time my Oldest has been in my Bible class. I can’t believe how nervous I am. I am so excited to be teaching them and I hope they will enjoy the class to. I want them to learn things they can use in real life, not just memorize some facts about the Bible. They need to know how to live the Bible. That is my task, and I feel like a kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment