Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Layovers

Day 92 (Written Tuesday March 13) ~ Unless you are extremely fortunate, most any flight you take is going to include the dreaded layover. If you don’t fly much, a layover is when you have to get on a plane in one city, but have to stop in one or more other cities before you can land at your destination. Sometimes your layover is a mere 30 minutes, other times it can be hours and hours. Most people hate layovers because it is just a waste of time. You’re not home, you’re not at your destination you are just stuck in between. Right now that description best fits us. We are stuck in between. We don’t live in Pulaski anymore, but we don’t live in Georgia yet. We are bouncing all over the place as we travel from our old life to our new one. So if you see me in Wal Mart and have a funny look on your face that says, “I thought you were in Peru or Georgia or somewhere other than here?”, I will understand because I’ve got the same thought in my mind. We sold our house in Pulaski, bought a house in Georgia and travel all over the United States trying to raise our salary and get financial support (hint, hint). We are planning on moving out of the Pulaski house and into the Georgia house sometime around the end of April, first of May. We already have Georgia tags and drivers licenses, are paying utilities in two states, but don’t really belong to either just yet. The funny thing is, when we move in May, we will return to Pulaski for two weeks at the first of June due to Gospel meetings I will be preaching and a wedding I am conducting. If fact, we are committed to be in Pulaski almost once a month for the next seven months. So even when I move, you’ll probably run into me at Wal Mart frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment