Tuesday, March 20, 2012

D-E-L-U-X-E


Day 90 (Written Sunday March 11) ~ D-E-L-U-X-E
deluxe |diˈləks|
adjective
luxurious or sumptuous; of a superior kind : a deluxe hotel.
Last night, after our taxing, long day, Po and I stopped in Anderson, Indiana to check in to The Deluxe Inn. We hopped off at Exit 26 on I69 North, about an hour and fifteen minutes from Fort Wayne. As soon as we got off the exit I saw The Deluxe Inn, $29.99 per night, with tax it totaled $42.00. I hadn’t planned on staying in a hotel, so the $40.00 less than every Days Inn, Holiday Inn and Comfort Inn was a welcome sight. It would be the last welcome sight. When we pulled into the parking lot Po shot me a, “Are you serious?” look. I told him we would be here a maximum of 7 hours, 6 and a half of which we would be asleep, so bear with me. Then I opened the door.
I’ve heard stories about these sorts of hotels. I’ve actually seen a few of them, usually in horror movies. For those of you in Pulaski, picture Star Motel. For those of you not from Pulaski, picture Bates Motel. When I opened the door, for a moment I seriously stopped and considered eating the money and finding a Hampton Inn, but then I thought, “I’ve stayed in worse conditions in Central America, why should this be different.” So I came down off of my high horse and reminded myself, “The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay His head”, and I shut the door, got in bed, and said a prayer of thanks for a warmish, softish, not too smelly bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment