Friday, January 13, 2012

36, Day 31 (Written Tuesday January 10) ~ Heading South For The Winter

I am not happy today. Not. Happy. At. All. (That’s not entirely true, I got to watch Alabama win a second national championship in three years tonight and that makes me pretty happy). When I got up this morning it was 70 degrees and I was looking at blue skies, sunshine and palm trees. The rest of my week will be spent with gray skies, cold rain, possible snow and ice, wet leaves from bare trees and 30 degree weather. One thing about moving to Valdosta that I hadn’t really given much thought to is the fact that winter there and winter here are very different. It is the second week of January and I am wearing a t shirt and jeans outside and perfectly comfortable. I bet the Britton clan said “The weather is so nice” a hundred times this past week. Now on the flip side, I’m sure in August we will be panting like a dog and begging for a break from the heat, but I can deal with that. I have worked outside in the heat most of my life and I can deal with it much better than I can cold. The good news is, I will only have to suffer for a few more days. Lord willing I will be heading south for the winter (or at least a few days), next Wednesday! I’ll send you a postcard ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment