Monday, January 9, 2012

36, Day 28 (Written Saturday January 7) ~ Making My Nest





For me, my office is like a glimpse inside my brain. I fill it with the things I like, that are important to me, that I feel define me. It is also where I like to spend a lot of time and I like to work. I always joke that the house belongs to Jade (and why wouldn't it since she's the one who is domestic artistic) but the office is all mine. I put things where I want them. It is "organized" in a way that makes sense to only me. I love the feel of my old wooden desk. I love to be surrounded by all of my books, and yes I prefer real books to iPad or Kindle books. I want to hold them in my hand, smell that musty old book smell and feel the paper turning under my fingers.
Today, with the help of my family (who I might add worked hard and harmoniously like ants), I got my office set up, unpacked and operational in just under an hour and a half. My name is on the door, my business cards are in my desk and I am typing this blog post from my new sanctuary. For me, this is an important step. It symbolizes the new beginning and the new work I will be engaged in. I am happy to say, that I've got it like I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment