Monday, January 9, 2012

36, Day 26 (Written Thursday January 5) ~ New Kid On The Block


Today felt like it was the first day of school. I came in to the LAM offices and all of the staff were gathered together for meetings. There were seven guys crammed into a meeting room, laptops, iPads and notebooks scattered everywhere, and then there was me. This was something they had all been through many times each, but for me it was a new experience. It has been a long time since I have been part of a staff, and when I was, it wasn't anywhere near this large. I guess you could say this was really my first office experience, and it was different, but I liked it too. Here were the eight of us in this room all day just hashing out problems, making plans and preparations and trying to figure out the best ways to accomplish our goals of evangelizing and helping the people of Central and South America. I have been on a LAM campaign before, but I had no idea, until now, all of the planning, preparations and problem solving that precedes the missionary teams leaving the states. Wow! If you've gone on a campaign in the past, or if you ever plan to in the future, thank your missionary coordinator for everything he's been doing for months in advance to make your trip safe and successful. Today it felt very real for the first time. I'm really here, I'm really doing this, and I'm really thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment